LED Elevated Runway Guard Light is a light fixture with dual alternating yellow light sources intended to warn a pilot or driver of a ground vehicle that they are about to enter a runway.
- Thanks to the long life of the LED (60000 hours at the top brightness step or far over 100000 hours in normal operating conditions) the maintenance activities are extremely reduced and the safety of the airport operations is considerably increased.
- The visibility of the warning message is greatly improved by the instant switching ON/OFF of the LEDs.The output effective candelas (which represent the real effect to the pilot eye) is more than 50 percent compared to the actual incandescent RGL.
- When operating on the highest intensity setting, the light output of each beam reaches instantaneously more than the minimum value required by ICAO Specs.
- Colour emitted directly by LEDs: absence of coloured filters ensures no energy losses and no colour shifts.
- The compatibility with the existing typical AFL series circuits is complete. There is no need to replace CCRs, transformers and cables.
- The possibility of installation on existing base plates gives the possibility of a progressive replacement of the existing lights In new installation, LED lights mean lower loads, lower size of CCRs and transformers, thus low life cycle costs.