BASIC TRAINING COURSE
AVL1 will focus on:
- Aviation lighting standards including ICAO, FAA, NATO as well as other regional standards
- Lights: types, installation and maintenance.
- PAPI system: main characteristics, installation and maintenance.
- Flashing approach lights: main characteristics, installation and maintenance.
- Constant current regulators: main characteristics and topologies, operation and maintenance.
- Remote control system and single lamp control/monitoring system: main equipment, architecture and main features.
Duration: 1 day
ADVANCED TRAINING COURSE
AVL2 will focus on:
- Introduction: airfield lighting circuits.
- Airfield lighting systems and controls.
- International specifications.
- Limits of degradation and maintenance interventions.
- Series circuit structure.
- Types of lights.
- Maintenance of lights.
- Primary and secondary circuits.
- Maintenance activities.
- Grounding System.
- Safety, security and reliability.
- CCR typologies: features and operation.
- Distribution network: load balance and protection proper sizing/coordination.
- CCRs configuration.
- How to safely work on the CCRs.
- Computerized control System.
- Examples of CCR maintenance intervention.
- PAPI calibration.
Duration: 2 days